The following review is not sponsored not paid for by any company or other. I’m writing this out of the goodness of my heart and because I like reviewing things. I’ll be happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge in the comments section whenever posted, as soon as I see it. Continue reading
I decided toward the second semester of my sophomore year in college that I want to integrate my school work with my computer. It started with writing notes in a OneNotebook rather than my composition book for Biology. I liked being able to copy-paste pictures, links, and files into the notebook. Additionally, I type much faster than I write, and I don’t finish class or study sessions with cramped hands. I was also impressed with my friends’ Surface Pros and Surface Books, which had touchscreens that worked with digitizer pens.
After a few months of contemplating and weighing pros and cons, I decided to go with the HP Spectre 13in over popular candidates, the Microsoft Surface Pro 4, the Microsoft Surface Book, and the HP Spectre x360 15in. My priorities, in order from most to least importance, were pen compatibility, RAM, weight, and processor. Continue reading
Just an update from the future.
1. You passed Biology with a B. It was so tough but you did it.
2. You barely got the A, you homework avoiding shmuck. But you did that too.
3. You got into physics 222 and passed that, 2% away from an A. You still got a B. Oh well
4. Yes, thanks to priority registration from work, you got the classes you wanted for spring. You got a great schedule.
5. But no you didn’t get your license.
About a month ago, my brother and I received our first TV console- a PlayStation 4. He’s enjoying Overwatch with his friends while I, who has little to no friends with a PS4, am wasting my nights playing GTA V.
I love the map. I love that it is a playground. I get my jollies from killing people and making them suffer.
But this game is too realistic for me. While I enjoy playing in an alternate Los Angeles, I am afraid of it affecting the way I drive in real life.
I saw a nice muscle car the other day and thought “wow, I should steal that car”. But then I realized I can’t do that in real life. I probably sound like a shmuck saying that but it is true. I’m also afraid of being chased by the cops, but then I remember that the possibility of that happening is much less likely then me running over real pedestrians for fun.
As far as driving goes, I am making great progress. I think I’ll be ready to take my driving test in two months. I drove my first full length out of town trip (1.5 hours each way) today, and overall I feel more confident as a driver than when I first started in September.
Still suck at parking though.
GTA has helped me understand reverse better. Hopefully I can learn to park from it, too.
This is a post I wrote during the first half of 2016, pre-Prozac. I want to post it to give an insight to my brain when my depression and anxiety were high. Continue reading
High school was a time where I did not belong. I rarely found things in common with other people. I was “uncool” and because of that, I was not a person of interest for some people. I had a group of people with whom I discussed politics and other intellectual subjects, but eventually they abandoned me, and I still have no idea why they left me out.
This is specifically about high school students in my graduating class.
There are people from high school who make me feel happy. For some, I met them in college. For others, I have known them better after graduating. But overall, I’m glad most people went everywhere but community college. Continue reading
At this point, I want to list the things I want from myself so I can look back and see how I did.
- Pass Biology with at least a B. Right now, I’m barely making it. I need to study more. My new routine will include copying the powerpoint notes before class, doing study guide questions every weekend, and using Quizlet to understand the concepts more in depth. If my teacher won’t assign homework, I’ll assign it myself.
- Pass Differential Equations with an A. In the future, I hope to do a workshop for this class in MESA
- Obtain priority registration from work. I really fucking need this holy shit.
- Get into Physics 222 and pass with at least a B. please, maizy. please. I need to be able to tutor this in the spring semester so I can improve.
- Get my AS-T in Physics. Because why not?
- Acquire a driver’s license before Spring 2017 starts.