Music Network, aka Mnet, is a Korean pop culture channel only offered locally by Time Warner Cable. Other providers may have it, but they do not provide for our location. Thank you, Comcast monopoly.
My thoughts on the channel-
- Yay, finally a channel dedicated to k-pop
- Wow, I don’t like some of this music
- I’ve never heard of some of these groups
- Danny From LA just ate a live octopus? Isn’t that animal cruelty?
- Thank god there are subtitles for my white, English mind.
- so many rap groups act Black wdf
- Damn, CJ Entertainment advertises a lot.
- I was looking forward to Korean beauty advertisements, but all I see are movie trailers, a Los Angeles theater, and New on Mnet.
- Holy fuck we have M Countdown and Superstar K
- Alright, I guess I could see the same things on YouTube
- Oh, I have never seen this beauty tips show before…
- This blind date looks too good to be true
- I am so tired of BIGBANG.
M Countdown was the kind of show I wanted. A variety of music groups perform 1-2 songs on a show. I also have Music Bank on KBS World, but I do not watch KBS otherwise.
Style in Asia and Get It Beauty are 15 minute long shows. Style in Asia displays popular locations around the world (typically East Asia, more in the Philippines). Get It Beauty shows makeup looks (for men and women) and gives me makeup tips.
M Playlist has themed songs. More recently, I was listening to their dismal playlist with my family, and nearly every song had the word “hate” in it. “I Hate Myself”, “Don’t Hate Me”, “Hate You”, etc. I have yet to find a playlist that tickles my fancy.