Thank you so much, Zoey, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! You are very deserving of the award, as well.
Also, thank you for giving me a topic to write about (and the first set of interview questions anyone has ever asked me online).
According to her,
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
2. Provide 11 facts about yourself
3. Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you
4. Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!”
However, I also read from another source that this award is given from one blogger to another and there is no official “list” or formal collection of winners. Nonetheless, I am very happy to be awarded, especially by my friend, Zoey.
11 Facts About Myself-
1. I used to run one of those game blogs that had all the news and tutorials for Dizzywood. It was called dizzywoodhints.wordpress.com, but I deleted it because I wanted people to go to my personal blog. I regret deleting it. I had a good amount of views (3,889) within a year, which is not bad for a 10 year old.
2. I spent most of my social life from 2008-2011 in virtual worlds among people I never met in real life. Games include Dizzywood and ourWorld.
3. In 4th grade, I showed everyone Club Penguin (before Disney bought them out), and it got to a point that my teacher was worried for our safety, so I printed out a Wikipedia article about it to convince her that the website was kid friendly.
4. I think (emphasis on THINK) I am an honor student, for I’m in 2 AP classes and I excel in all my regular classes.
5. If I don’t die of suffocation from laughter, it will be from computer addiction. Yes, it is that serious. I think I will get dementia in the future.
6. Due to my early schedule that consists of a 7AM class, I am sleep deprived. This has caused me many problems such as PCS (a sharp pain in my chest), irregular periods, and serious mental problems. Additionally, I’m pretty sure my immune system is low.
7. I cannot stick to a schedule.
8. If you are disturbed because I mentioned the word “period”, this is not the blog for you. Good luck trying to cope with a natural process that almost all women deal with.
9. I didn’t say the “fuck” word until May 1, 2012 because I wanted to keep my language clean, but I couldn’t care less now. I refrain from using the n word, however.
10. I am young enough to be either of my older brother’s 3rd kid.
11. Toilets and bathrooms in general disgust me, pretty much. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.
Here are the questions Zoey asked me-
1. What has been your favorite travel destination and why should I go there?
-I do not travel much, so I do not have much experience in traveling. However, as a Californian, I would totally recommend the vast city of Los Angeles. There are so many cultures in it. We have Chinatown, Koreatown, Olvera Street, and San Fernando (on the outskirts of LA), just to name a few. There is so much to eat like tacquitos, Korean BBQ, uni sushi, Sam Woo, tacos in an outdoor atmosphere. Los Angeles is just a great place to be (and even better to live near). If you have not been there, it should be your first stop the next time you come to America.
-Additionally, I don’t think Nassau, Bahamas in the Caribbean is as luxurious and wonderful as people claim it is.
2. What is your advice to the younger you?
-Don’t regret. I have made many decisions in my life, a fact that is inevitable. Those decisions made me the person I am today. Regret causes stress, and that is something unnecessary. Everything will work out in the end.
3. What are you most proud of?
-If I were to leave this life today, I would be proud of the fact that I made so many friends and made so many people smile with just a smile of my own. There is nothing like the acknowledgment and satisfaction of making someone smile with such a subtle action.
4. If nothing was stopping you what would your dream job be?
-I aspire to be an electronics or chemical engineer. If not, a programmer. Additionally, I would like to earn a PhD, but that requires funds I do not possess.
5. Who/what inspires you?
-Seeing the kindness of others and the return of a smile inspires me to consider my actions towards people. It is so easy to treat the rest of the world the way only a small group of people treat you. Instead of making negative actions, I channel my anger towards improving the world in whatever way I can, such as advising first grade kids on how to treat the class bully.
7. If you could be someone else would you be? Who?
-I would like to wear the shoes of Mitt Romney to understand how someone could lack scruples and compassion.
8. What do you find most challenging in life?
-Getting enough sleep and doing all of my homework is my biggest challenge currently.
9. What is your favorite quote?
-“I know that the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully.” -George W. Bush (source)
-“A spy without a gadget is like a shopping cart without a broken wheel.” -Spy Fox
10. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
-I love my mom’s homemade pho (pronounced similar to “fuh”), but I wouldn’t mind living off of lengua tacos either.
11. Are you happy?
-I am very content in my life at this point.
Questions for 11 people who I wish to give the award-
I do not know many people in the blogosphere, so I may award some people who have already received the award. These questions are for (based om follower count through Reader):
1. What’s your guilty pleasure?
2. Where is your favorite nature-based place to go? (i.e. A nature center, state/national park, your backyard, etc.)
3. What is your favorite item to wear, and why?
4. Where is the worst place to get a pimple?
5. What do you order at your favorite place to eat?
6. Have you ever developed habits such as biting your nails or picking your nose? (It could be other habits, too.)
7. Describe the last outfit you wore to a formal event. (Pictures accepted)
8. What is your favorite memory in school? (Homeschool counts, as well.)
9. Who was your childhood role model?
10. Where do you see yourself at this exact time next year?
11. What was your favorite toy as a kid younger than 5?
EDIT: I’m just going to post this because it has been sitting in my drafts for too long.