I realized my childhood is running out. I’ll be 17 in less than 9 months, and before you know it, I will be 18. Being a minor socially entitles you to forgiveness, not that I ever wanted to please society. What I mean is that when I look for a job, my colorful hair will not be excused with “well, she’s only a kid”. I’m just not going to get the job. Trust me, I’d love to be society’s little rebel, but I barely have enough time and energy to combat sexism. I need money. Not getting the job for having blue hair is not very oppressive (it is on a first impression basis, but it IS something that can be changed).
are my new resolutions is my bucket list.
1. Dye my hair blue.
2. Cut my hair to medium length (shoulder).
3. Get one new piercing in each ear.
4. Explore LA’s fashion district.
5. Late night car ride in LA
6. Be in possession of a Furla Candy Bag (that isn’t TOO see-through)
-To be continued in separate posts-